Gary was very kind to share his vast knowledge with us on the pod about what contributes to successful modern coaching.
In this episode we talk about topics like:
- What is the common theme behind the coaching sessions of the most successful modern coaches?
- How to get players to buy into your coaching methods?
- How do you make your team score more "scrappy" goals?
- What is a trigger, and how can you design training exercises that contain triggers?
- Gary's approach to the tactical side of the game.
- How to coach the tactical side of the game?
- Guidelines for coaching counter-attacking football.
- Life off the field.
- Guidelines for communicating with players.
- The coaching heroes of Gary, and his all-time favourite XI.
Check out the website of Gary Curneen for more great coaching material here!
Follow Gary on Twitter: Follow @GaryCurneen
You can get Gary's book The Modern Soccer Coach 2014: A Four Dimensional Approach from Amazon here.